Pages

21 February 2013

Gardening With History: Planning and Practice

I'm very excited about this symposium being held at the Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia and really hope one of the many job applications I've submitted in the area prove fruitful so I can attend!


The theme for the day is Gardening With History: Planning and Practice and seeks to answer, among other questions, "How do our historic landscape stewards sustain both garden and mission in the 21st century?" It's something garden historians who serve as consultants on conservation management plans, garden restorations, and as staff at historic gardens constantly seek to balance. I've seen first hand how knowledge of and familiarity with a garden's history can intelligently inform new design when required so I'm anxious to hear what the speakers at this event have to say.

Places are limited, so reserve yours soon! Watch this page of the Morris Arboretum website for further details!

No comments: